I’ve said this before, and I will say it again…
With FOOD being my first! Specially when it’s food like Roots Hummus!
Today I have my last recipe made from the stash of hummus Roots sent me. My daughter and I have not only immensely enjoyed Roots -with pita chips, with naan, even with just a spoon; but, it has set wheels churning in my grey matter, that resulted in hummus scones, hummus sauces, hummus curries and now, hummus stew.
And if you just happen to try out one of these recipes, well then…awww…geeeee….shucks…I will be honored! So without any more delay here’s Lentil & Tofu Stew using Roots Lima bean hummus and Original Hummus.
I have no words…just pictures…
and a recipe!
- Olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger chopped
- 1 pkg extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup water (if you want a less thick stew)
- 2 tablespoons Roots original hummus
- 1 tablespoon Roots lima bean hummus
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- Saute onions, garlic and ginger in olive oil till onions caramelize then place in a bowl
- Using paper towels, pat and dry the tofu, then cut into cubes and saute in the same pan- till browned
- Add the onions, garlic and ginger back to the tofu mix
- Add in the lentils, vegetable stock, water (if using), paprika, cumin,hummus, chipotle pepper and slowly stir to combine
- Then let simmer for 15 minutes or till lentils are cooked
- Season to taste, garnish and enjoy with pita bread, rice or whatever you choose.